[pianotech] tuning cold pianos (for Inauguration)

dcrpt at comcast.net dcrpt at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 20:17:42 PST 2009

I was ready to tune it at 20 degrees,but nobody asked me about it. I was planning to tune it twice before they sound checked on Monday Am,another tuning later monday pm,put it to bed with a plywood box cover the Capitol people had made, plus a heater and maybe even an electric blanket.On tuesday I had planned to  remove the cover and heaters,tune at 7:00am and  a final tuning at 9:00am before the Boy/Girl Choir started singing at 9:30.

The piano would have stayed in tune but the sound mix could never have been as good as the pre-recorded tape.         Robin