[pianotech] Estonia

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 23 20:37:26 PST 2009

I carry four hammers, two home-made.  I have maybe $20 apiece in them.
If they're good enough for symphony and a bunch of other stuff, I'll
keep them. I've welded the heads on the so there's no slop. They're
light, and I often use all four in one tuning, depending on a lot of
factors, such as mental fatigue, and others.  I'd like to have a Jahn
and Fujan for a month to see if they are improvements on my very
primitive stuff.  I have had one Jahn user who spent years "researching"
the best head angle, having all kinds of them specially machined, said
he has found Nirvana at 2.5 degrees.  So, i was by the store one day
asking him about such and he asked me what I used. Old home made things
with $1.98 ball on the end. He put one on the piano and said, "My, I
like this."...........  a 15-degree head to boot.....
les