[pianotech] Young Chang Growing Brackets

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Tue Jan 27 23:44:28 PST 2009

On Jan 27, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Will Truitt wrote:

> The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that I am having
> to lower the capstans to achieve the 47 mm blow distance, and remove
> punchings to get the 10.2 mm dip (which yields plenty of aftertouch).
So what? If everything works, and clears, you're good. 47mm blow and
10.2 mm key travek is about  is about ideal. With a Balance Weight of
42, it's a little stout for my taste; maybe that can be helped with
lubrication, close checking, and agressive distal jack position (moved
toward the player.)

> That part is odd, but I am assuming that the piano was set to the
> correct values for blow and dip at the factory way back when.
Bad assumption, and remember: specs are a guide only. Each action is
custom.

David A.