[pianotech] CA disposal?

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Wed Jan 28 19:44:32 PST 2009

Joel,

Good idea on the wax paper.  Now as far as disposal, I've never been so careless or sloppy to actually have it drip through.  Well, maybe once - but it wasn't my fault. <G>

I wouldn't think that a fully cured CA, epoxy, wood glue, etc. would be considered hazardous material and require special disposal.  That said, I've no doubt that CA and a zillion other things we are allowed to place in landfills shouldn't be there.  Whatcha gonna do??

WRM

  William,

  I recommend putting wax paper down first, then multi-layers of newspapers to
  catch the drops. If it does soak through the papers the wax paper will stop the
  liquid.

  Now, disposing of the whole mess is a question . Any of this combination a
  potential problem in the landfill? The amount is not large, but it is a question
  for me as to the potency of what is involved. I personally don't have any severe
  reaction except a smarting nose and watery eyes, but what about the part
  that goes into the trash?

  Joel
  Joel Jones, RPT
  Madison, WI