[pianotech] Fixing Loose Pin: 3 step procedure.

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 20:34:40 PST 2009

1) Remove action, protect keybed, CA pins from top.
2) If still loose, drive pins in a bit more. ( Make SURE you use a  pinblock jack! I've seen a  half dozen grands around here with shattered pin blocks, because some "technician" didn't!!! )
3) If still loose, invert grand and CA tuning pin holes ( if they go all the way through the block ) from underneath.

Make sure you do a "rough tuning" before trying step 1.

Do it in this order or coils too close to the plate will make CA application harder, or "caps" of CA over the bottoms of the pins will cause problems when driving.

Euphonious Thumpe