[pianotech] LSU Tuning Project 2009

Bradley M. Snook email at bradleysnook.com
Thu Jan 29 13:51:07 PST 2009

Hello piano technicians! We are looking to invite a few tuners to Baton Rouge to help us out with a project: we would like to put very stable tunings on our grand/upright pianos; there is about +400 hours of tuning work that needs to be done. We will probably invite 2-5 technicians on campus for some intense tuning that will last anywhere from 2-3 weeks. This will most likely happen sometime in the next 2 months. The terms of compensation have yet to be determined, but will probably be in the $400-600/day range.

Previous tuning experience is required. This is NOT a project for beginners, but I would like to encourage newer tuner/technicians that eventually intend to work in a university setting. We will be working with everyone to ensure that we have a unified tuning approach, so your tuning skills do not need to be absolutely perfect. The main things that we are looking for is experience with ETDs [we have 4 Verituners], the ability to properly set the tuning pin, the ability to tune aural unisons, and the ability to do a reasonably accurate "fast-pass" (i.e., a 20-30 minute tuning that puts each string within a +3 cent range of the target).

I invite all who are interested to please email me privately. Thanks!
Bradley