[pianotech] CA disposal?

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 05:55:55 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Joe And Penny Goss <imatunr at srvinet.com>wrote:

>  Uprights are worse to treat. Especially when one gets too eager and
> erects the upright prior to the pools of glue setting up. I do dab the
> excess of glue from the webbing with paper towel and a screw driver but
> under the plate lurks excess glue to gleefully run down onto the strings and
> dampers to ruin oned frame of mind.%&#@)&% <mind.%25&#@)&%25>^@ and other
> deleted niceties. <G>
> Joe Goss RPT

The only time this happened to me was when I'd waited only an hour before
tipping the piano back upright. Normally, I leave them down for 4+ hours ...
as long as practical, given that day's work schedule.  I try to start CA
jobs in the morning, then come back in late afternoon to get the tilter (and
tune if that's included in the job).

I haven't tried a light mist of accelerator. Don't know what's in that
stuff, and I try to be careful about too much chemical ingestion. (Probably
too late for me, though <G>.)

--
JF