[pianotech] One of dem days

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Wed Jan 28 19:51:46 PST 2009

Ever have one of those days?  Mine was today.  Shop day.  Feeling pretty
good about myself, the piano, etc.  Piano is nicely refinished, plate goes
back in without incident, perfect.  Used my little rim guards that I made
(gleaned from Alan McCoy - thanks Alan!)  So perfect, awesome, not even
close to any scratches.  Plate screws, perimeter bolts in, snug.

Time to put the nuts on the nose bolts.......  Nose bolts?  What the.......

Who was responsible for that?!?!?!

Grrrr.  I don't mind being reminded that I'm not perfect, but did it have to
be like that?  At least I didn't glue in the other music desk glide yet. <G>

On the up-side, I got to use my new Agraffe spinner (thanks again, Ron N.)
today.  Hot diggity, right next to, well, cashews and chocolate, I'm told.

William R. Monroe