[pianotech] CA glue symptoms

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 12:15:49 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:25 PM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>wrote:
>
>> James,
>>
>> I don't make it a habit of inhaling CA fumes...then again, I've never
>> applied CA to an entire pinblock...
>>

> Sure, sure. "I tried CA once, but I didn't inhale."  :-)
> It affects my eyes somewhat.  They get a little irritated. Nothing too bad,
> and sometimes more than others.
>
> --
> JF

When I do a whole pinblock my eyes water and my nose runs, I've learned to
open windows and run a fan. Customers love it when I do that on a sub-zero
day here in Wisconsin.
Somebody awhile ago on the list said he used his shop vac with an extra long
hose so he could set it outside and have the vac draw the fumes off/outside.

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404