[pianotech] very old pianos

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jan 30 12:27:47 PST 2009

> I have read, with strong interest, the series of articles in the recent
> Journals about restringing and replacing pinblocks in old uprights.
> Most of these are near, if not more than, 100 years old, why would we
> want to refuse to work on them?

> Mike

Boy, I wish we could finally get this straightened out just
once before I die. There's a vast difference between doing
field patch up on an ancient crappie shelter candidate and
rebuilding the old beater. Both are being "worked" on, but one
  will have something to show for the money and effort and the
other won't.

Ron N