[pianotech] singing sustain, what to do?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Jan 30 16:08:36 PST 2009

Mike:

You are obviously a much nicer guy than I am.  I should follow you around and learn some things I'm sure.  If I had encountered this I'd say "call Steinway and have them fix it under warranty".  If the cause is as you say, it's a design problem and they'll never know about it until they see it for themselves.  Since it is under warranty I wouldn't feel right charging the customer for the repair, and yet doing work for free is not a good option either.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu