[pianotech] Danger!! was Journal Article

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 31 13:11:34 PST 2009

Fenton-

Your front and rear fences are a good start.
In the accident I saw, there was a sort of lever driven hold-fast which was
supposed to clamp the workpiece with downward pressure against the table.
The guy was running a short section of pinblock scrap. The hold-fast
slipped, the piece spun around, demolished the hold-fast contraption and
knocked into his hand. The sharp edge of pinblock material cut deep.
A hold down of some sort would be good, but don't take away the fences.

Ed