[pianotech] bushing cloth wear, (was Best Bushing)

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 15:21:33 PST 2009

Tom writes:

<< For hard use applications, I've heard that leather bushings last much

longer. >>

    Yes, they do. The trade-off is the noise.  I have never seen leather that
didn't make considerable noise, and those sets that I have taken care of need
yearly lube of some sort to stop the "stiction" that seems to occur after the
pin has polished it.
    How much money is saved per piano by cheapening the slight little bit of
felt it takes to bush a keyboard? The stability of the keystick, itself, is a
MAJOR factor in how the instrument feels to the pianist.  Why scrimp right
there?
Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26h
mpgID=62%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)</HTML>