[pianotech] Red light on Humidistate.

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 17:25:06 PST 2009

Ron,  I called Dampp-Chaser yesterday with the very same problem.  When I
pulled the humidifier bar out, thinking that maybe the smart bar needed
cleaned, I discovered that it didn't have a smart bar installed.  The folks
at D-C said that if the pad light is flashing, and no smart bar is there, it
means that the humidifier bar has failed.  The humidistat is trying to turn
on the bar, and cannot.  The bar in my case had the vinyl coating eroded,
which he said allowed moisture to get in there and the bar fails.  The light
will flash when the humidifier is trying to turn on, and can't.  Replace
that bar.

Clark A. Sprague, RPT