[pianotech] bushing cloth wear, (was Best Bushing)

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Jan 31 18:30:28 PST 2009

Yes.  S&S is now using white bushing felt.  <G>

They have been for a few years now, as well as using a standard balance rail
pin size, too (0.146").  Just white, no real significance other than not
being red.  <G>  Thickness (if I recall correctly) is right about 0.050",
equivalent to Pianotek's BU-3.

FWIW,
William R. Monroe

From: "Zeno Wood" <zeno.wood at gmail.com>