[pianotech] New hammers

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:50:31 MDT 2009

I have sometimes been frustrated by people who tout everything they've ever
heard from anyone else as gospel, challenging everything I share with them.
I have heard from others later how they quote me to someone else. Patience
and confidence may work over the long haul.

I think the most important thing is to share your knowledge, but make it HIS
decision. State the potential benefits and problems.

It is hard to get through to some people that there is no perfect piano. It
doesn't exist. A large part of being a great musician is learning how to get
any instrument to express what you want in spite of the imperfections.

I am very curious to hear any other comments your customer has made.

David Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA