[pianotech] bridle wires

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Jul 1 18:23:54 MDT 2009

David,
 Maybe I read this from someone else or I'm a really smart guy--Personally
I'm going with the someone else option..Anyway,
 How about a tiny blob of glue from a hot melt glue gun  placed just below
that little "crook" in the wire where the tab is supposed to sit . The tab
will still be free on the wire  but will not be able to  slip down . After I
return the one call I received today I'm going give it a try on a spare
part.
Taking off the wippens to R and R those wires seems like a real pain. JMHO
Tom Driscoll

P.S. Have we ever decided whether it is whippen or wippen ? Just wondering.