[pianotech] bridle wires

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 03:27:56 MDT 2009

    Why do I see all your replies in my e-mail, but not my own
post?

     It may have been I who posted a while back about turning
the action upside down and using a little blob of Duco cement on
the underside of the tab, so it can't slip down.  I've seen too
many attempts to glue the tabs on top, and it seldom works for
long.
    It's 'wippen,', not "whippen."  See the Feb. 1994 Journal,
page 13.
    As it turns out, I have to unscrew most of the wippens
anyhow, because so many jacks need repinning.  Trouble with
gluing the bridle straps to the wires is that when you have to
do a job like this, you destroy the tabs pulling them off.
    --David Nereson, RPT