[pianotech] John Granholm, July 09

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 2 06:09:11 MDT 2009

Dear Friends-
I had suggested that John post his own progress reports, but he seems a bit shy.
On the other hand, kind folks want to know how he's doing, so (John) I'm busting in with a quick report.
John is currently alternating between a VA rehabilitation facility and visits home. He is getting increasingly adept at caring for himself. His son lives nearby and family is helping a lot in the home. friends and family have been reconstructing parts of the house to make it accessible for John.
The loss of use in his right hand is severe, and slow in returning, but progress is continuing and recovery may be good. Range of motion is still a problem.
John is back at work on the Journal, with phone calls and one-handed typing.
It's clear that recovery is a long, long project, and we need to stay in touch and continue to offer our support as John works through the toughest rebuilding project of his life.
Ed Sutton