[pianotech] bridle wires

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 06:22:43 MDT 2009

Great Idea Scott!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Scott Helms, RPT
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:18 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] bridle wires

I have used small-diameter shrink tubing on this type of bridle wires to
keep the bridle straps from sliding down off the "crook". Just cut the
tubing into little 1/4" lengths, slide it over the bridle wire so the top
end is just about where you want the bridle strap to sit, and shrink it
onto the wire. This is a much faster and less expensive way of addressing
the problem than installing new bridle wires.

------
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871
www.helmsmusic.net

> A tiny dab of white glue on the bridle tape hole with a toothpick might do

> wonders! This works well for old rattling tapes that are still intact, but

> noisy.
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM, David Nereson <da88ve at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   Has anybody replaced the "stupid"-type bridle wires (where the strap
>> can
>> slide down the wire if the hole in the tab gets enlarged) on some
>> Baldwin
>> verticals with "real" bridle wires? What's an efficient way of pushing
>> the
>> new ones in (into the same wippens)?  The new wires have fluted, not
>> threaded ends. I'm wondering if it can be done without unscrewing all
>> the
>> wippens from the action.
>>   --David Nereson, RPT
>>

> --
> Ryan Sowers, RPT
> Puget Sound Chapter
> Olympia, WA
> www.pianova.net

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 090701-0, 07/01/2009
Tested on: 7/2/2009 8:22:42 AM