[pianotech] Vertical Touchweight

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Mon Jul 6 22:13:51 MDT 2009

 "Crescendo front rail punchings replaced the spongy "shoe
insole" material that came from the factory.  What a difference"

Floyd, your mention of the Crescendo punchings used on an upright is
interesting - I've wondered myself if it would make much difference; the
mentions on here seem to have been in relation only to grands.

When you said "what a difference!" did you mean specifically from the
Crescendo punchings, or from all the other bits too that you mentioned?

I suppose with this piano, your work will bring it up to the limits of
what's possible for it, get the best that's possible out of it, in terms
of action responsiveness.  It won't of course change soundboard and scale
factors, but it will be very interesting to find out to what extent the
piano becomes satisfying to play just through improving the action.

Keep us posted

David.