[pianotech] flipping a truck

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Fri Jul 10 16:17:18 MDT 2009

It's been so long ago that the original post was put up that I may have
forgotten a couple of details. Are they planning to keep the big casters
on the truck? If so, they are presumably planning to (at some point) push
the whole contraption to wheel it to a different locale. This operation
might be just the one that leads to the "optimal idiot inclination tip
point" Ron mentions, especially if the wheels hit a bump in the process.

The obvious question is, if they're going to go to the trouble of building
a platform to accomodate the bench/pianist and a resting point for the
heels at the pedals, why not just go all-out and build the damn thing big
enough to accomodate the whole piano?? The whole platform could be on
wheels if they wanted it to be movable ... very similar to a wheeled
platform I built to accomodate a 3-manual organ console a few years ago.
It worked great!

Scott
------
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871
www.helmsmusic.net