[pianotech] Balance rail bushings

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Sun Jul 12 06:41:27 MDT 2009

I like to use a 50/50 mix of water and DIF wallpaper remover (available at
paint and home improvement stores). Soak the old bushings for about 20-30
min with this stuff, and usually they pull right out very cleanly with
tweezers (sometimes they just fall out on their own!) Make sure to let the
keys dry completely (I wait overnight at least) before rebushing them.

Scott
------
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871
www.helmsmusic.net