[pianotech] Strings help needed, please

mediumship mediumship at verizon.net
Sun Jul 12 18:38:03 MDT 2009

I am in need of some technical information and am hoping that someone might be able to help me.

I am writing on my brother's behalf. He is the piano tuner at a prison in Ohio and one of the "Yamaha P22" pianos is in need of 2 new strings which he has informed me are "B5" and "C6."

Unfortunately, he does not have any measuring equipment to reorder these two strings and has asked me to write to see if anyone can send the diameter of each of the two strings and/or any other specifications he might need for re-ordering these two strings.

The men there look forward to playing their music daily and I would like to help them get back to it.

I am not in familiar territory with this request but am most sincere. Thank you!

"Medium" ~ Boston, MA