[pianotech] Piano wire

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Jul 15 06:30:47 MDT 2009

I usually save the ends from sets of bass strings I have replaced, and use
them for the odd splice.
Years ago I got a whole bunch of ends from  a place that rewound strings.
They were all dead straight. They gave them to me.
I wonder if the string makers, would make up small assortments of their
discards, just for this purpose. They could give, or sell them to their
customers.
They must know, that there are times when a tech just can't sell a new set,
but possibly might in the future, and needs to splice.
Mind you, I can't remember where they are right now.
I just never seem to get around to getting things organized, been trying for
years.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.