[pianotech] bass or plainsteel strings?

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:06:34 MDT 2009

Hello all,
this may be something that can only be done at the piano. The Currier Studio
is missing F3 and F#3, and since that's at or very near the break I don't
know whether to install steel or copperwound universal strings. The client
has informed me that they are in the treble section and that the string to
the right is steel, but that the string to the left is copper. The
appointment is at 1 today. If the broken strings are not in the piano I
guess I can call Schaff with the Serial # and perhaps they can tell me. Any
thoughts?     -Noah