[pianotech] Door open, but customer not home - what would you do?

soundsgreatmusic at sbcglobal.net soundsgreatmusic at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 15 12:11:24 MDT 2009

Joe,
I will do my best to verify I'm in the right place and then go on in. Although....on one occasion, I called the night before to verify, showed up at the prescribed time, rang the doorbell, saw a TV on through the window from the porch, car in the drive. I knocked, rang, checked the door, opened a crack, and said "hello I'm here to tune th......." when I was confronted by a guy in his bathrobe with a revolver in his hand. He immediately knew his mistake, mumbled some incomprehensible words, apologized profusely and I composed myself to tune a really rotten spinet.
Ya never know!
Chuck Vetter