[pianotech] Door open, but customer not home - what would you do?

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 19:47:06 MDT 2009

I walk into homes on a regular basis if nobody is home.  If it's open, I'll
go in.  I always double check the magazines or something to make sure that I
am at the right house before I begin tuning but, I have not as of yet, had
anyone that was dissapointed or angry that I tuned the piano anyway.  Most
often, they have either left the door open for me or they forgot I was
coming but when they found me tuning, they were tickled pink that I let
myself in.  I just tell them that I figured that's what happened and assumed
they left the door open for me.