[pianotech] Cell Phone for Business

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jul 21 06:23:43 MDT 2009

Duaine

You really should check out Tracfone. You don't have the $1 a day fee and
under the double minute plan you can get the cost down to less than 9 cents
a minute.

Instead of charging $1/day you get 90 days worth of service every time you
add a minute card. And it is usually cumulative. I usually get the 450
minute card for around $80 to get the lowest rates. I have a double minute
for life plan on the phone so it gives me 900 minutes. Almost always there
is some bonus minute promo that'll give me an extra 50 minutes bringing the
total up to 950 minutes. Since I use more than that much time in 90 days I
never have to worry about running out of service before I run out of
minutes.

The display always shows how many minutes of airtime are left and when your
airtime days expire. Right now I have 308.5 units (minutes) left and I have
to add more service before 5/29/2011. You can buy airtime cards lots of
places. I like to buy it right off their website. I just enter the phone's
ESN number and it downloads right to the phone. You can also buy it from the
phone.

My wife's phone is the opposite problem. She doesn't use it much so she runs
out of service time before she runs out of minutes. When that happens I just
add a smaller unit minute card, like 120, or 250, to get the service time
extended without adding as many minutes. You can also just add a service
time card, but it is more cost effective to do it the other way.

Tracfone runs primarily over the Cingular network so coverage is pretty
excellent.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272