[pianotech] Key Bushing Job

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jul 21 06:10:08 MDT 2009

Putting newspaper between the layers in a box helps keep them in order. I
don't worry about it when taking the keys to the shop, but I like to have
them in order when returning to the customer's home. If I sell a key job in
the field and I don't have a box, I'll just ask the customer for an old
style paper grocery bag. Lay the bag sideways and slip the keys in. It's the
perfect size, one bag holds all keys.

Always take the keyframe if you can get it out without too much trouble to
make sure keys fit and spacing is good. I like to minimize the work (and
frustration) in the customer's home.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272