[pianotech] Cell Phone for Business

bppiano at aol.com bppiano at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 07:53:11 MDT 2009

Since people are chiming in: I use the LG Instinct (CT810) with AT&T. ?It has: Windows mobile 6.1, touchscreen, GPS capable, can do calendars, contacts, either Tunelab or Cybertuner (maybe others as well - Verituner?), alarms, reminders, etc... ?Basically my entire business. ?I hate carrying multiple devices on my person.
I'm down to a small flashlight, a multi-tool and my phone. ?Of course I have backups at home, one Ipaq, a regular cell phone, good maps, desktop computer as backup info. ?I don't use the GPS on the phone for various reasons; $25 extra per month for data fee, received a GPS unit for father's day.

Overall, I'm happy with the LG. ?It has a rather small footprint which of course has the obvious advantages and disadvantages.

Every wireless provider has a similar phone comparable to each other. ?However, no phone I've encountered has the reception quality of the Blackberry which of course is not Windows Mobile. ?There is a single note tuning program for the Blackberry (Java) that could be used for setting first pitches. ?Anyone have experience with it?

Well, there's my two cents. (so to speak)

Bruce Pennington RPT

Colorado Springs, CO