[pianotech] Lid for Knabe 5' 8" Piano

Al Pebworth al at pebworths.com
Tue Jul 21 13:42:37 MDT 2009

Hello all on list,

If someone on this list has a 5' 8" Knabe Grand in Walnut that is not worth the restoration, then perhaps you can help.

I need a grand lid in walnut for a 5' 8" Knabe grand, the Music Desk, and the Lid Prop.  I'm willing to purchase these parts, and pay you to junk the rest if necessary.  If you are on the eastern side of the USA, so much the better, for I live in Chesapeake, Virginia

The lid must be in normal serviceable condition as to function with stable veneer.  It will be refinished to match the rest of the piano, so current finish in not important. Just remember, WALNUT.

Time is becoming critical, and it's either restore this lid or buy a used lid to restore.  If you have something, contact me, so we can compare measurements.

If you want to see the present lid, go to:

http://www.pebpix.com/KLid

Any other suggestions also welcome!

Al, the Player Guy
Chesapeake, Virginia