[pianotech] Thanks! (PTG Convention and institute)

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Jul 21 16:40:12 MDT 2009

All,

As one of the assistant directors on the institute team, I want to thank everyone who taught, helped out, and/or attended the Annual Convention and Institute in Grand Rapids. Ward did a great job as director, and generally, I thought it was a very successful event. Kudos to him!

Being the "newbie" on the institute team I was amazed at the amount of work done "behind the scenes". 5:30 am daily to sometimes 10:00 pm. The pedometer of one worker counted over 110 miles in those few days. As far as I know, nothing was lost, broken, or otherwise damaged. While nothing is ever perfect and we can certainly improve, I believe this convention and institute was well thought out and effectively run. Jeff Hickey, our very capable director for next year is already starting to get ready for next year! Me, I'm going on vacation for a week!

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Jim Busby
Assistant Institute Director