[pianotech] Stage Lighting & Tuning

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 21:50:09 MDT 2009

Hi Alex,

When I had a regular concert gig, I used to ask the stage manager to "pre-heat" the piano for about an hour before I tuned it, that is, have the piano placed where it would be for the concert, open, and the lights set-up the same way they would be for the concert. It worked out pretty well--when he remembered to do it. Sometimes I had to settle for a twenty minute warm up, it worked fairly well. You do what you can...

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois