[pianotech] New stuff at the convention?

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Jul 22 16:16:34 MDT 2009

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was of the impression that the
Steingraeber Phoenix that was displayed at the convention had a carbon fiber
composite soundboard. I wasn't able to attend this year, so I didn't get to
hear a piano that I am very curious about.  How did the sound of this piano
compare with a piano with a conventional spruce soundboard?  I would love to
have the reactions of some good ears - the good, the bad, and the ugly.  And
hopefully from some who were able to hear it with a reasonable measure of
quiet.  Be as descriptive of the tone as you can.

And Ron, is your concern that the too shorter bridge will lack even more
stiffness than the already too short one? If that bridge could be stiffened
adequately by some other means, would that be enough to mollify your
concerns?

Will Truitt