[pianotech] New stuff at the convention?

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Wed Jul 22 18:20:52 MDT 2009

There were at least 2 pianos at the Convention that had the agraffe system.
One was a retro-fit Baldwin R. Come to think of it, was there 3 pianos that
had it?  I know that one had a carbon-fiber soundboard (actually a layer of
composite sandwiched between two layers of wood).
    I was in the class that they gave in the mini-technicals, and heard the
composite board piano played.  After the class, I asked David Hughes what he
thought.  His thoughts echoed mine, in that the sustain was killer.  But the
tone of the piano reminded me of listening to a digital sample of a concert
grand.  I wasn't sure how else to describe it, and David agreed with me.

Clark A. Sprague, RPT