[pianotech] Replacing Bridle Straps on a Birdcage

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Jul 23 15:05:29 MDT 2009

Well, unless you plan to acquire your own BC piano, you'll probably have to
remove it at some point, and do it in front of the customer.

As long as you take precautions not to force anything (more than should be
necessary, anyhow... like getting a typical vertical action away from the
action bracket bolts) and think ahead about what you'll do with it once you
get it out (like, does it look like your action cradle will accommodate
it).  I'd be sure the customer knows that these days it's a very uncommon
style of action, so it's not unusual that you've never removed one before,
but that you're a professional piano technician with mechanical aptitude, so
you can figure it out just fine thankyouverymuch..

At least that's what I would do... I've yet to encounter a BC, much less had
to remove the action.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN