[pianotech] conventional terms

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 18:04:51 MDT 2009

Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:03:59 -0700 (PDT) Tom Sivak <tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> I just thought it was interesting that everyone on the list was
> referring to the recent event as the "convention".

That is, Tom, because it is the PTG Annual Convention. Perhaps you
should get the terminology straight, before you start suggesting
changes. Check out the PTG website. Look at the cover of the Convention
and Institute brochure. The PTG Annual Convention includes several
different activities, one of which is the Institute - that is, an array
of classes and workshops. There is also the Exhibition, Council Session,
Board meetings, regional caucuses, RPT exams, receptions and concerts.
Frankly, quite a few people come to the Convention and never come near
any Institute classes - they are too busy doing other stuff...

I also suggest that if you wish to discuss PTG politics, perhaps you
should do it on the PTG-L list, which was created for the purpose. Not a
good idea to argue internal PTG affairs in front of non-members
(especially stuff that's been hashed over many times for years)

Israel Stein, RPT