[pianotech] RePhoenix.....

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Thu Jul 23 19:54:00 MDT 2009

Hi Tom:

I can't hear it, I don't have the opportunity presently - which is why I am
asking for your impressions.   I have heard the Steingraeber on multiple
occasions, however, and know it to be  piano that sounds large for its size,
and is one of the world's great pianos.

I don't know what a large quality piano sounds like, I have heard many large
quality pianos, and they can sound quite different from another.

So is the longer sustain the only thing that attracts you to its sound?

I don't mean to be curmudgeonly, but I am asking you to indulge me and be
more expansive in your description of the tonal qualities of the bridge
agraffes, as you experience them.

Will