[pianotech] scratched keytops

David Lawson Pianos dlawson at davidlawsonspianos.com.au
Fri Jul 24 17:18:31 MDT 2009

Hi Scott,
If the scratches are too deep you will need to replace the key tops. You can
get these through Kawai and they will match well, given that you supply them
with the model and age of the piano. You will need to remove the old ones
using a heat gun. Care should be taken with the temperature of the gun, so
as not to burn the wood.
I have done this quite a few times with great success.
David Lawson Wangaratta Australia.