[pianotech] scratched keytops

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Jul 24 07:29:22 MDT 2009

Buffing should work.
I would do them all.
Make sure that you use a soft layered wheel, with a buffing compound.
Watch the speed of the wheel, and the pressure you apply, slower and light
normally best.
Excess heat will 'groove' some of the softer plastics.
If the scratches are deep, I would sand them out with progressively higher
#'d sandpaper, up to #800 or higher.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia