[pianotech] 2 Things

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 25 21:53:39 MDT 2009

I've had good results with moth balls. It seems the camphor is not an odour the mice like to live around.

Marcel Carey

To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:49:05 -0400
From: wimblees at aol.com
Subject: Re: [pianotech] 2 Things

Most people don't understand that the property on which the house they are living in was home to the mice long before they got there. Just because a building is put up in a field, doesn't mean the mice have left. That's why rich people in beautiful homes out in the country are flabbergasted  when I tell them there are mice inside their piano.

There is nothing that can prevent mice. Traps will kill the ones that are there, and a cat in the house will deter them from scurrying around at night, but only if the cat is interested in doing some hunting at night.

Wim