[pianotech] Old Kranich and Bach Grand

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Sat Jul 25 21:46:15 MDT 2009

Thanks, Dean, Ed, and Wim.  I thought of CA, and had done this the last time I was there.  It works, but the customer is willing to spend the money to replace the problem whippens, and the question is how to replace them.  Does anyone have any experience in altering the whippens available to make them work in this situation?
    The other thing I have run into with these, is the screw regulator that adjusts the jack position fore and aft tends to get stripped out, and eventually falls out.  I did a couple of these a few weeks ago on another piano with CA, and, at least temporarily, that works too.  But the best scenario would be to replace the whole problem with new parts.  How to do that?
Clark