[pianotech] Old Kranich and Bach Grand

pmc033 at earthlink.net pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 26 08:16:30 MDT 2009

Years ago, I used CA glue to attempt to repair some S&S jacks that had
become loose.  It worked, or at least it did for a while until I visited
the piano a few months ago.  Many of the jacks were failing.  With this
experience, I would not recommend using CA glue on wood joints.  It
penetrates the wood, making it doubtful that subsequently using wood glue
would create a reliable bond.  The glue that Coleman sells, which is a
combination epoxy/CA, might work, but in any case I would disassemble the
parts, apply the glue, and reassemble them.  Dripping thin CA glue might
fill the gap, but a good bond with thin CA glue never worked well for me.
	YMMV,
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

Behalf