[pianotech] Old Kranich and Bach Grand

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Sun Jul 26 10:10:36 MDT 2009

Thank you Paul and Mike.  I know that Ed Sutton is right when he says that
the regulation needs to be addressed first, if any successful repairs are to
be done.  I was hoping to just get rid of the problems, but judging the
replies that have come in, this just isn't going to be in the cards.  Unless
there is someone out there that can enlighten me on the question, is there a
source of replacement parts, or is it feasible to alter what is out there to
make them work?
     Wim suggested just replacing the jacks, and the only thing about that,
is that there is a little protruding piece on the back of the jack, that
holds the butterfly spring in place.  I would have to deal with that; maybe
that is not so big a deal?

Clark A. Sprague