[pianotech] A liitle depressed/also meeting others

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 26 19:07:19 MDT 2009

I just got home from a week of vacation after the convention.

It was great to see you again Wim after so many years.  As Ron mentioned in
another email, I too was feeling a bit depressed myself after the convention
was over with.  It took me a few days to get over it but I did manage to
read Andre's voicing book during my vacation one time through so far.  So
much for vacation time.

I figure my slight depression was probably due to partial over load as I was
on the edge of burnout prior to my first vacation over the 4th of July.  As
you know, I was attending classes with my son, making sure he was
understanding as well as understanding myself, answering his questions
between and during classes etc.  That all takes it's toll too.  Plus, it had
been over 2 1/2 years since my last major vacation.  Right after the
convention ended, I went on vacation immediately for 1 more week which I
desperately needed.  In 2 more weeks, I'm taking another week off too.  :-)
Then, back to reality again.

I must say though as I've never, ever had this before, that during the
entire week of the convention, every fricken night, I dreamt about the
convention, the classes, the people etc.  That was something very new for
me.  It was like I was taking classes during the day and during the night
too!!!

It was great to meet so many people on this tech list and piano forum that I
have never met before.  I found myself looking at tools or something when
one person after another was introducing themselves to me. I loved it.  It
was great meeting so many of you!  Thanks for doing that.  I did likewise
when I encountered (as time provided) some of you as well.  What a treat!

Jer