[pianotech] String elongation/Fenner article

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Jul 28 13:50:32 MDT 2009

Del, and others interested,

Here is the (rather long) article about "string elongation" by Klaus Fenner. About the 10th line down he starts on elongation. Vince Mrykalo found this and has been studying/experimenting and seems to think this is a valid issue as far as a stable tuning goes, and that Fenner has good logic. I've heard that you might not be a fan, but here it is anyway.

I'm not sure if this ("string elongation") would have any bearing on the Steck piano's stability I posted pictures of last week, but it seems like it might.

Del, I'm sending more of the Steck pictures in a few minutes.

Jim Busby