[pianotech] scaling

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Jul 28 16:07:33 MDT 2009

You need to provide the speaking lengths for the whole scale to have it
calculated (mm's is better).  Where there are 4 hitch pins per two notes I
would guess that it's really 2 hitch pins per one note and that one is a
single.  Once the scale is calculated then you can fit the even or odd
number of notes per gauge to the available hitches in that section.

Maybe you can post the formula you are using on a single string that is
yielding an incorrect tension level so we can see what you are doing.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com