[pianotech] Re;slippery keys

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Jul 29 19:04:09 MDT 2009

Joseph Garrett wrote:

> Tom  said: "My client is sensing that his keys are slicker than other
> pianos. I was
> ready to disprove that, but I am sensing his discomfort, too. He said
> nothing
> has ever been used on the keys. I tried a few experiments, but nothing
> worked. It's an ivory-top one-owner Steinway, 1960ish. Even the
> sharps. Makes
> one suspicious, doesn't it.
<snip>

Is this true? in the 1960's Steinway used "real" ivory for keys ? Maybe
they are the early/late "celluloid / plastic" keys ?

I thought "real" ivory was used more on the "antique" pianos !

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years