[pianotech] All $teinway?

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Jun 1 10:19:20 MDT 2009

Coke and Pepsi.

It protects the dealer's interest (in the dealer), and it gets the school
the pianos it needs/wants. The school is kinda stuck if they want SS, or
maybe it's the only way they can get any kind of "deal" on SS, because the
dealer says "Sign here, or pay 25% more, or go buy some nice Chinese
imports."

Then again, it's not unlike how we would love for our customers to only
"buy" from us. It upsets me when a customer has someone else tune his/her
piano because a friend's tuner was in town that day.  The difference is that
we don't require a binding contract.

Presumably the 50% consignment dealer is the same dealer that the local
All-SS schools have a contract with?

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM, <A440A at aol.com> wrote:<snip>

>    Is this normal?  Seems that a school would be crazy to  both forego the
> ability to acquire instruments from other sources and completely lose their
> bargaining power!  Anybody heard of this clause in the "All Steinway"
> designation?

</snip>